This year’s walk is a personal challenge, where Walkers will complete their 35kms their way over the week of Sunday 20 to Saturday 26 September. There is no official Walk village this year as you can start from anywhere. This means that our usual volunteer roles have changed, but our wonderful volunteers will still be needed during the week and behind the scenes.
We’re looking for volunteers to:
- be the friendly voice at the end of a phone thanking our walkers for their efforts.
- help pack Walker Welcome Kits and Wellness packs.
- assist with Pack Pick Up.
- form part of our cheer squad on Saturday 26 September.
- generally assist in the lead up to the event.
As a volunteer, you’re giving up a few hours of your day to help fight the cancers robbing us of our loved ones. So your contribution to the cause is significant.
So if you love to shake a pom pom, elbow bump a passer-by or want to give up a few hours to a cause that is dear to you, please considering volunteering for this event.